JOB TITLE: STAFF PHYSICIAN
REPORTS TO: CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Staff Physician is responsible for providing highest quality of medical care and auxiliary functions for Innercare’ patients. In conjunction with the nurse practitioner and/or the physician assistant, participates in developing, executing, and periodically reviewing the Clinic’s written policies and services provided to Federal program patients.
1. Provides highest standard of outpatient and in-hospital medical care to patients. Including examination, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
2. Takes responsibility for all his activities. Including accurate charting, good documentation of history, physical findings and assessment and treatment plans; and keeps track of all seriously ill patients this physician sees.
3. Responsible for proper case management for patients with chronic conditions.
4. Adheres to Innercare medical and administrative protocols and ethics.
5. Consults Medical Director on problems in diagnosis or management of patients.
6. Arranges timely consultations with specialists when needed by the patients.
7. Participates in all staff meetings and should give input for continuing improvement of the clinic.
8. Prescribes essential medicine to patients in connection to their treatment.
9. Performs related duties as directed by Medical Director and Clinic Administrator.
10. Knowledge and implementation of community-based, patient-centered medical home (PCMH) process with appropriate coordination of care.
11. Helps and facilitates Audits for meeting State and Federal regulations.
12. Serve as preceptor for Medical students and students for Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant programs as requested.
13. Responsible as a member of the health care team in participating in daily team meetings/huddles.
14. Support Nursing Staff and facilitate in implementing policies, procedures, and the PCMH process.
15. The Provider will be required to rotate between all the Health Clinics, as needed and/or indicated by the CEO and /or Medical Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited medical school. Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of a branch of medicine. Considerable professional experience in one or more branches of medicine. Must have license to practice in California, current DEA Certificate and CPR card. Maintain adequate certification updated.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES:
Supervise Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant if requested.
PHYSICAL EFFORTS: Ability to plan, direct, conduct and present research results in oral or written forms. Willingness to work off hours and overtime to attend to patients. In good physical and mental health and should be able to handle acute clinical situations or emergencies without panicking. Should be able to make correct decisions that diagnosis and management without reservations. Stand for long periods of time, constantly bending. Work is performed under stressful conditions.
CONTACTS: Patients, doctors, and public.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed under stressful conditions. Must comply with the Innercare’ HIPPAA Corporate Compliance Program.
Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
NOTE: THIS JOB IS EXEMPT UNDER FLSA PROVISIONS.
Innercare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Innercare will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals. Innercare encourages both incumbent and individuals who have been offered employment to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Maria Cruz-Collins- Director of Recruiting
· Board Certification
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
· Base Salary: $280K-$300K base salary.
· Bonus Structure:
· Sign-on Bonus:
· Student Loan Repayment
· Visa Sponsorship
· Relocation Assistance
· CME Allowance
· CME Time Off
· Malpractice Insurance
· Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
· Other Benefits: Retirement
· Organizational overview: Innercare has a long proud history of leadership in its field of federally qualified health centers. Innercare is nationally respected for its ability to provide quality healthcare services at affordable prices in a constantly changing environment within healthcare. Today, Innercare has ten medical clinics, five dental clinics, and three WIC locations within Imperial and Riverside Counties.
· Leadership team: Yvonne Bell, CEO
Family Medicine Physician
· Practice setting: We are an outpatient only clinic providing Primary Care, Pediatrics, Behavioral Health, Dentistry, Women’s Health, etc. In this role, the physician can expect to see all ages.
· Practice location: Mecca Health Clinic, CA
· Expectations for new provider: The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, outstanding clinical skills, and a strong desire to serve the medically under-served patient population. Spanish is not requirement but is a plus. The clinic does provide translators if needed.
· Volumes of current providers: 18-22 patients/day.
· Schedule: Monday-Friday 8 hour days. No weekends and no on call