CalHealthCare Loan Forgiveness Program 2022January 28, 2022
CalHealthCares administers loan repayment on educational debt for California physicians who provide care to Medi-Cal patients, which represent one-third of Californians and half of the state’s children. Eligible physicians can apply for up to $300,000 in loan repayment in exchange for a five-year service obligation.
CalHealthCares commits $340 million voter-approved, state tobacco tax revenues from Proposition 56 (2016) to support and incentivize physicians to increase participation in the Medi-Cal program. In April 2019, the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) launched CalHealthCares, and DHCS has contracted with PHC to administer the statewide program.
Program Status: Opened January 24, 2022
2021-2022 Cohort 4 Application Cycle opened January 24, 2022 through February 25, 2022
- Early Review Period: Applicants who submit their applications no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 4, 2022, will receive feedback regarding any inconsistencies with the option to revise and resubmit their application.
- Informational Webinars (Free!):
- February 1, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m. PT (general)
- February 18, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m. PT (general)
- February 3, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m. PT (for practice support grant applicants)
Here is the link where you can find additional information to start preparing.
The Riverside County Medical Association Physician Workforce Development Team is here to help you. Please reach out directly to Zulma Nardino at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.